Saturday 28 January 2012

~ Vintage card - tutorial ~



Here is an invitation I have made to invite people to mine and my friend's Queen's Guide Award presentation. I'm making approx 20 of these invitations and although they are simple I thought I would do a quick tutorial. This is my first tutorial so any constructive comments are appreciated.

1. Stamp a script background stamp on to kraft cardstock using Versamark dazzle inkpad. I bought this today from Hobbycraft and love the effect it gives to the watermark image. The stamp I used is one from Prima.

2. Stamp the large image and the verse from the Stampin Up Friendship's Journey stamp set (2003) on to cream card using Vintage Sepia Versafine ink. I love this stamp set, just a shame it was retired in 2005. This design would work with a number of other stamp designs.

3. Trim all the images so that the image fills the card and trim the verse to approx 2cm x 8cm.

4. Stamp the postage mark in Versamark Burgundy ink at either corner of the cardstock with the script stamped on it.

5. Ink the edges of all 3 images using a brown Distress Ink, I used Walnut Stain.

6. Mount the female image on to dark red/burgundy cardstock.

7. Mount the script and the female image on to a standard size cream card.

8.  Using double sided tape adhere a piece of lace measuring the width of the card just covering the bottom of the female image.

9. Add the sentiment just below the lace using 3D form squares. 

10. Adhere 3 mosaic squares/rhinestones to the top right handside of the card. 

11. Finally punch out a flower from matching cardstock, add a rhinestone to the centre and adhere it to the card just above the sentiment.

There you go one complete card!

Happy Crafting!

5 comments:

Claire said...

That's lovely Terri, very pretty.
C xx

fatmonica said...

It's a great invite.Love the stamping.

salamanda said...

Great step by step tutorial to create a fab card.

sixofone aka Leah said...

A lovely card. Great vintagy feel

sixofone aka Leah said...

I have nominated you for the Liebster award. You can read about it on my blog. www.leahslittleramblings.blogspot.com